Facebook Twitter Google RSS

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Jiri- Travel To Nepal

Admin     6:51 AM  No comments

Jiri



jiri is a municipality in dolakha district in the janakpur sector of north-eastern nepal. on the time of the 1991 nepal census it had a populace of seven,138 humans residing in 1,508 man or woman families.


road to jiri in dolakha district
jiri lies at an altitude of one,905 metres (6,250 toes) and is the eastern-most terminus of the dual carriageway coming from kathmandu. bus provider is available from kathmandu but the 184 km ride takes 6 to 8 hours because of slim, winding roads and checkpoints alongside the excessive-way(until 2006). a enterprise of the nepal military is stationed on the town and visitors' system and backpacks might be searched. there are a number of accommodations to be had alongside both aspect of the main road specially in jiri bazaar.

there is one high school namely jiri better secondary school at hatdanda.

Jiri was set up as agricultural development centre by the Swiss Government Aid in 1938.

As the closest roadhead, Jiri is now the trailhead for many treks into the Mount Everest region. The trek to Lukla will take seven or eight days. Few people actually begin a trek from Jiri, as only 5% of all trekkers who attempt the difficult trek to Everest Base Camp start at Jiri. The other 95% choose to fly into the small airstrip at Lukla, thus cutting off a week of difficult but beautiful trekking.

Although the trailhead from Jiri into Sagarmatha National Park is referred to as the "classic route to Everest", the original trailhead actually began at Kathmandu. All early Everest expeditions—including the one led by John Hunt that put Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary on the summit—passed through Jiri. So Jiri is also called the "Gateway to Mt. Everest".

Jiri is the home of an ethnic group called the Jirels and Sunuwar.

See This Also :- Sagarmatha National Park, World Heritage Site 

Read More :- Wikipedia

, ,

Admin


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut odio. Nam sed est. Nam a risus et est iaculis adipiscing. Vestibulum ante ipsum faucibus luctus et ultrices.
View all posts by Naveed →

0 comments :

Facebook Blogger Plugin by Best Solution Enhanced by Get this widget

Featured Post

Mt. Kangchenjunga - Travel To Nepal

Kangchenjunga, Amazing mount one of the world  kangchenjunga, once in a while spelled kanchenjunga, is the third highest mountain in...

Blog Archive

Text Widget

Recent news

About me

Hi, this is me Amit, digital artist and designer, working in web development and print media. If you have a project that needs some creative injection then that’s where I come in!
My job is to build your website so that it is functional and user-friendly but at the same time attractive. Moreover, I add personal touch to your product and make sure that is eye-catching and easy to use. My aim is to bring across your message and identity in the most creative way.

Website tracking

Recent


About Us

we Are here for to promote tourism of Nepal. we want the people of other country may reach More information About Nepal to visit Nepal.
Proudly Powered by Blogger.